1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
Over the past 11 months I have had a fantastic experience with Lidl. I have been challenged in so many ways and have really found out a lot about myself. I couldn't recommended this scheme enough and the support systems allow you to flourish under the expert guidance of your colleagues.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
Every day I entered the department I was working in I felt a sense of belonging. The diverse variety of people you interact with teach you things about yourself throughout the year. I have made life long friends within Lidl who have shaped me as the person I am today!!
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
Again the support system was second to none. The management team integrated you into their departments with open arms. Every project I worked on whether it be logistics or sales, I felt I could approach any department with a question and they would be more than willing to lend a hand.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
The great thing about Lidl is you get out what you put in. If you want to be busy the team will be more than willing to set you numerous projects over the year. Through yourself into them and embrace the challenge. It will make you a more rounded individual!
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
I was given massive amounts of responsibility during my placement year. But I was never alone. I ran projects individually but there was always that support network there to guide me on things I may not of been 100% sure on.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
My skills have developed massively. My leadership, communication, presentation and team work to name a view have grown and I feel better equipt to enter the world of work after my final year of study. The placement at Lidl tests you in so many ways and you develop skills you never knew existed.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
The general atmosphere at work was a positive and infectious one. I enjoyed coming to work every day and that is a credit to every department I worked in.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
The Placement scheme in my region was organized incredibly well. Every department knew i was entering and had projects, welcome days and meet and greets all lined up ready for my arrival.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
Personally training and development was brilliant. An example of this was when I was able to present in the senior meeting 3 times developing my confidence and presentation skills.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Staff Sales/Staff Shop
Above 25 days holiday
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
Lidl values its employees massively. A organization such as this is something I want to be apart of. Not just in one department, but in several there is chance for growth and development.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
The social part of the scheme was interesting and brilliant. I can safely say I have made friends for life.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
A fair cost of living considering I lived in student flats. Socialising is whatever cost you want to make it.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
Good clubs and bars
Overall very good with a variety of options.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
I played football every Monday with the Lidl team which was great as all members of the hierarchy played and integrated everyone from my region.