HR Placement Student at Knorr-Bremse

Melksham South West
Business Analytics Business Management

8.2/10

HR Placement Student

I have really enjoyed my placement year. I was involved in many projects and given a lot of responsibility.

I felt very valued by my colleagues. I was treated as part of the team from my first day.

I was always given a lot of support. I have never ben afraid to ask for help and when I did I received it straight away. Everyone was very good at explaining things.

The workload changed a lot throughout the year, some weeks were very busy and some were more relaxed. Overall it was a good balance.

I have been given a lot of responsibly which included leading a couple of projects. This felt very satisfying and I have gained a lot of experience from doing so.

I have developed many skills, including various software use, as well as Excel and interpersonal skills. My future studies will certainly benefit from this.

The atmosphere was good. Due to the open plan structure we have all interacted very well.

The placement was very well-organized. I have had my tasks and projects outlined to me at the start and I could also pick up some projects that I wanted to do, for my University projects.

I have had some great internal training, as well as a two day workshop which I attended with the other students on placement.

Very appealing.

Yes, we all got on very well and met up outside of work on numerous occasions, although the area was very quiet, in general.

Expensive.

Not very good, closest place to go out was Bath, about 20 minutes on the train.

Yes, badminton and football clubs.