Support & Guidance
- 1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis.
- 2. Have you learnt any new skills, or developed your existing skills?
- How would you rate the training provided during your experience?
- How would you rate your development of industry-specific skills during the experience?
- How would you rate your development of personal / soft skills during the experience?
- Please rate how these skills have helped you in your career development
- 3. Were you given much responsibility during your placement / internship?
- Please rate how meaningful the work you were doing was
- 4. How much support and guidance did you receive during your placement / internship?
- How would you rate the support and guidance from your line manager?
- How would you rate the support and guidance from the wider team?
- 5. What was the company culture and general atmosphere like?
- How would you rate the inclusiveness of the culture?
- How would you rate the social opportunities?
- How would you rate the diversity initiatives?
- How would you rate the charity, sustainability and corporate social responsibility (CSR) initiatives?
- 6. To what extent did you enjoy your placement / internship?
- Please rate your level of enjoyment on your placement / internship
- Please rate how your experience met your expectations
- Please rate the future employment prospects at Knorr-Bremse Rail Systems (UK) Ltd.
- 7. Would you recommend Knorr-Bremse Rail Systems (UK) Ltd. to a friend?
- 8. What advice would you give to others applying to Knorr-Bremse Rail Systems (UK) Ltd.
Communicating with clients around the office. Doing ACTIVE Directory Tasks. Project Work Documentation Phone Setups Fixing IT problems that come up Working through my tickets
I have improved my communications skills by a lot where I can comfortably speak in front of a lot of people. Improved my documentation skill Improved my logical thinking skill Improved my problem solving skill Improved my critical thinking skill Improved my decision making skill Improved my time management skill Improved my note taking skill Improved my IT technical skill
I was given quite a few projects to do that had real world consequences that would occur if anything went wrong. I was given full control on when to work and how to work (no micro management) I was allowed to talk to other companies outside of Knorr-Bremse. They gave me an account where I could buy any mobile IT equipment. They allowed me to get my hand dirty on real hardware.
Support & Guidance
My team and my manager would always help me whenever I asked for help. They would answer all my questions. They made me feel like I was a member of the team, and not just a student. I was given lots of learning sources such as LinkedIn, OneNote and our company wiki page to learn. They allowed me to go on some training courses.
Everyone is friendly and easy to talk to. Everyone got along with each other. We have many activities, such as Badminton on Tuesday. Knorr-Bremse holds many charitable events through the year.
I have really enjoyed working with my team and mangers. I have enjoyed most of the work that I do. Not all the work I do is fun but, then when it is, it is soooo much fun. Working here has been very enjoyable, and I hope to come back here to work for Knorr-Bremse after I graduate.
Try to be as calm as possible during the interview. Talk to people more and also talk to people that you don't know as this will build up your confidence. Make friend's. If I could do this placement again, I would recommend is to just learn and have fun.
Placement Year (10 Months+)