Support & Guidance
- 1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis.
- 2. Have you learnt any new skills, or developed your existing skills?
- How would you rate the training provided during your experience?
- How would you rate your development of industry-specific skills during the experience?
- How would you rate your development of personal / soft skills during the experience?
- Please rate how these skills have helped you in your career development
- 3. Were you given much responsibility during your placement / internship?
- Please rate how meaningful the work you were doing was
- 4. How much support and guidance did you receive during your placement / internship?
- How would you rate the support and guidance from your line manager?
- How would you rate the support and guidance from the wider team?
- 5. What was the company culture and general atmosphere like?
- How would you rate the inclusiveness of the culture?
- How would you rate the social opportunities?
- How would you rate the diversity initiatives?
- How would you rate the charity, sustainability and corporate social responsibility (CSR) initiatives?
- 6. To what extent did you enjoy your placement / internship?
- Please rate your level of enjoyment on your placement / internship
- Please rate how your experience met your expectations
- Please rate the future employment prospects at Knorr-Bremse Rail Systems (UK) Ltd.
- 7. Would you recommend Knorr-Bremse Rail Systems (UK) Ltd. to a friend?
- 8. What advice would you give to others applying to Knorr-Bremse Rail Systems (UK) Ltd.
Before I got a transfer, spreadsheet work. After I got my transfer, testing of software by running through a test spec. At both points I would frequently have full days where no work was available, this problem was lessened after my transfer.
Interpersonal skills Timing and punctuality
Office politics meant I was contractually not allowed to work at the job I applied for. I had to request a transfer in order to get any work or responsibilities. After my transfer I was given some small responsibilities, low priority testing of software
Support & Guidance
Can't complain, my work was simple but ample support was given. The difficulties came from higher up in the chain of command.
Very much disconnected after I left work for a day. In office people were friendly and supportive.
I found myself begging for work and still not being able to be given any, despite the friendliness of the team I often felt frustrated and like my time was being wasted. Due to the clocking system I could not leave early after my days work was finished. I likely would not go back.
Make sure you know what it is your department does and the basic history of the company. For day one make sure you know who to go to, or how to find out, it is likely your boss will not be pointed out to you. If I knew how the year would have turned out the way it did I would have looked into transfers a lot earlier
Placement Year (10 Months+)