1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
I very much enjoyed my time at Johnson & Johnson
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
Colleagues made me feel very welcome and were there to support me throughout my whole time at Johnson and Johnson. I felt like a valued member of the team and this was reflected in the way my team worked together throughout the year. Communication was key during my time at Johnson and Johnson
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
My manager was a great help during my placement. He enabled me to fulfill my potential as he constantly supported me as well as guiding me without telling me exactly what was wrong so that I was able in the future to correct myself and therefore didn't require the same level of guidance in the future.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
Well balanced, however I understand that the nature of finance means that certain times during the month, at quarter end or during the planning cycles the work load would increase. This means that I needed to us less busy times in order to prepare for the busier periods. Manageable with correct planning.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
My role meant that I had a lot of responsibility, but this is part of working effectively in a team. Everyone needs to be responsible.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
Well balanced office, everyone quietly working away with their job requirements however a collaborative space enabling people to communicate with each other effectively. Fun news letters and notice boards. Sociable kitchen spaces enabling conversations with other members of the department. I'd say the office atmosphere and space allowed for effective working.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Sports and Social Club
Staff Sales/Staff Shop
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
I'd love to come back. I very much enjoyed my time at Johnson and Johnson. I have noted that jobs at Johnson and Johnson are very competitive and therefore just as I have had a job there before I know that I will have to fit the job description in order to be successful.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
Very lucky to have made friends with some of the other placement students. My team was a very sociable team and made me feel very comfortable and therefore I was able to socialize with them. We enjoyed each others company at lunch times and went to get coffees together very frequently.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
Expensive, the South is generally expensive.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
My department offered, social events monthly as well as a news letter and challenges in the office. This enabled me to get to know other people within my department and I tried many things at Johnson and Johnson that I hadn't previously done. I also took part in two CSR days organised by the company.