Audit Assistant at PwC

Accountancy Auditing/Tax

PwC is a Top Employer

8.7/10

9.6

Assisting with the auditing of clients' accounts, within a team of PwC staff, usually working at the client's office. The role involved analysing the client's financial documents to ensure that they were factually correct (e.g. checking balance sheets, comparing their content to that of the client's ledger accounts, requesting confirmatory evidence for particular figures), speaking to client staff when necessary.

Enjoyable work, fun environment, friendly and helpful colleagues.

I felt I fitted in easily and quickly, as an equal member of the team. My colleagues were genuinely grateful for all my help during the internship.

Excellent help and support from my supervisor and all other staff on the job. Very comforting team to work within, staff always willing to help me with any queries, however small or stupid.

I was never overrun with work, but I had a steady flow of work throughout my internship, which ensured that I maximised my time and learned as much as possible, without getting stressed. My supervisor was very good at monitoring how much work I had to do, to ensure that I always had something, but not too much work.

I felt valued as an equal member of the team and was given lots of responsibility, e.g. a swipe pass to the client office, picking up important mail from the PwC office to bring to the client office for other team members.

I learned many lifelong skills on both previously used (e.g. Excel) and new software (e.g. Aura). I also learned an awful lot about auditing, both generally, and specifically how audits are performed at PwC.

Very good atmosphere, happy, lots of jokes and office banter. Everybody got on with everybody. And it was acceptable to chat and have fun throughout the day, as long as you got your work done!

Extremely well organised. I always knew where I had to be and when, and what was expected of me. Extremely extensive support network there to answer any queries I had. Thoroughly well coordinated internship from start to finish.

I completed a lot of training and learned an awful lot during my internship. We began with a 3-day crash-course on the basics of accounting (extremely useful for getting us all up to speed) and completed various computer training days throughout the placement. We also completed a presentation workshop day, which allowed us to develop our presentation skills and practice giving presentations to a large group of people (an extremely vital skill in life).

Very - I accepted my offer immediately and I cannot wait to go back and work at PwC in September.

Yes, whilst working at PwC I attended various firm-wide social events, such as the summer ball and a sports day. Again, very fun and well-organised events. There were also after work drinks organised amongst us interns, a couple of nights a week. Everybody was very sociable.

Not too expensive, considering we were working in central London. Having said that, I wouldn't have been able to go out every night.

Lots of great bars and restaurants around the office to visit for a quick drink/bite to eat with colleagues after work.

Lots of sports clubs and social groups at PwC.