Core Assurance at PwC

Edinburgh Scotland
Accountancy Auditing/Tax

PwC is a Top Employer

8.8/10

Assisting the teams in performing the necessary procedures in an audit. Mainly, checking financial statements and using spreadsheets to document my work.

i thoroughly enjoyed my placement. It was challenging but at the same time extremely rewarding!

Everyone I met and worked with was very accommodating and made me feel like a valued member of the team.

Fantastic support network - I was coached through every job with the utmost patience.

Mostly just right - of course some days were busier than others!!

The level of responsibility was what surprised me most. We were given worthwhile jobs that any graduate would be working on.

Made me much more confident in approaching people and tasks.

The atmosphere was very friendly but at the same time hardworking.

Very well organised - ran very smoothly.

Structured training with fellow interns on the first week and allocated a personal "buddy" and "people manager" to have regular catch-ups with.

Accepted a graduate training contract.

Formed great relationships with fellow interns and joined a number of sports teams in which I got to know my colleagues better!

Was based in Edinburgh - it is expensive but can be cheap if you go to the right places!

I am at University in Edinburgh so know the area well.

A large number of sports clubs and social events.