This review was written using a previous version of questions that
were updated in 2013
- Present findings from a case study to PwC partners.
- Attend skills sessions and networking events.
- Complete assessments in order to have the opportunity to gain a summer internship offer.
1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
The academy enabled learning in a relaxed and friendly atmosphere which made the placement an enjoyable experience.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
The other interns and management were all very friendly and supportive.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
There was a clear structure to each day and there was always a member of the management team available if you had any concerns or needed support in anyway.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
The days were pretty intense - there was a lot packed into the 3 days.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
During the placement, the case study was based on a fictional company hence we did not have any real responsibility within PwC. However, in the case study, we were given the responsibility of coming to own conclusion without any outside assistance.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
The placement enabled me to pick up valuable skills which will certainly be useful in future employment.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
The placement was based in a hotel in Amersham but the atmosphere was relaxed and friendly.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
The days were structured very well and there were breaks between all sessions.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
PwC brought down staff as well as partners to assist our development and also provided case study materials and skills sessions.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Sports and Social Club
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
There is a possibility to convert the placement into a summer internship.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
All the interns were friendly and got on well with each other.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
All accomdation costs and meals were paid for by PwC.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
There wasn't anything outside the hotel to do.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
There was an organised social event as well the opportunity to use the gym or swimming pool.