1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
I thoroughly enjoyed my internship at BP. There were many skills I learned, the staff on sight were very comforting and pleasant, and i thought the facilities were excellent.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
To a large extent i felt valued by my colleagues. We were all in the same boat, we were supportive of each other and there were no negatives about working with each other
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
Our supervisors gave us a sufficient amount of support. They were encouraging, explained tasks thoroughly and we felt comfortable with the tasks in hand.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
We were fairly busy, starting the course at 9am, a small break at 11am and a lunch break at 1.15pm. However i did not feel stressed or worn out at any time of the day, the general feeling was quite positive, and no one felt tired or sick of anything.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
We had a few responsibilities on our internship course, e.g problem solving with real time info, phone calls etc. None of the tasks we had were largely important, and if mistakes were made they were not crucial to BP.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
I believe the work experience has helped .me with skills and life lessons for the future. I am more confident, my common sense has improved and i now know techniques which are useful to know in the future
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
The atmosphere in the office was none greater than at any other office, everyone was polite, very quiet and everyone got on with the tasks in hand.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
The work experience was organised to an extent, the process at the start was a bit slow, but from then on nothing was managed poorly.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
The company invested a fair amount in me, I had free travel to the business park, free lunches, and a discount card for fuel at any BP petrol garage.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Above 25 days holiday
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
They are quite appealing. I would be happy to take on another internship or a job offer at BP.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
I had 2 friends working with me, so that was all fun. We got along with each other, i wouldn't say we were all best friends but no one had any problems.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
I had free travel to the business park in west London, I would sometimes pay for trains into London, but from my apartment to the work the cost was minimal.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
I enjoyed the nightlife in the area that I worked. Nearby I had Feltham and Staines, which are 2 towns that are normal, not rough, and the restaurants and bars were nice places to stay at as well.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
My internship finished a few days before Christmas, so i attended the Christmas party. It was a nice event, and i like activities in workplaces because it is an environment where people can see what you are really like!