1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
I fully enjoyed my internship at the7stars. During this time I discovered that I had potential and the correct mindset and skills needed to work in media. Following my internship I secured a permanent place in the company. It provided my with skills I would not have learnt during education.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
Every task I completed as an intern was valued,
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
If I had any questions about work or the company they were answered promptly and thoroughly. If I had any problems, they were understood and I was helped to over come these.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
I always had a full workload and was never left with no tasks to do. If my workload slowed I asked for work and if there was none in the team then I was referred to other teams in the company.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
I was given a good amount of responsibility for my own work as an intern should be. All of my work was thoroughly checked after I did it to ensure that no mistakes were made that would be sent off or presented to clients.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
This experience provided me with more skills in 6 weeks than a year degree of studying media planning did. The skills i developed in the role continue to be important in my role as a media planner.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
The atmosphere in the office was fun and vibrant, I felt accepted and valued by every member of the company even as an intern. This prompted my wanting to stay after making friends and colleagues that I respect and admire.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
Following a hiccup before I started my internship (the work experience coordinator had left the company when I arrived on the first day) the rest of my internship was well organised as there was always work for me to do. It was scheduled when the insight team needed an extra pair of hands, so my help was valuable to them.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
The7stars provided sessions at least once a week for the whole agency to take part in and I was invited to and attended all of these. These being called Lunch and Learn and WTF. There were also regular speakers that came into present to us.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
From my internship I gained a full time position at the7stars as a part of the graduate scheme.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
There were no other placement students, however socializing outside of work with colleagues is highly encouraged with monthly staff drinks with a free bar and snacks as well as the annual summer party and Christmas party. As part of values weeks we are encouraged to spend time with other people in the company that we would not normally
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
My internship took place in London so living as very expensive. However I was paid by day for my work which covered rent and travel, leaving excess for socializing.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
As I worked in central London the nightlife was excellent, with so many options around I did not struggle for things to do.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
At least once a week there was some kind of event that I could get involved in, whether it be a pub quiz, drinks or a craft session.