1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
I think it gave me a good insight into the charity sector and I enjoyed how flexible they were on allowing me to shadow other teams or engage in various other products. My job role itself became slightly repetitive though.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
100% I was always thanked for my work and given much encouragement.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
100% the team was kind, informative and encouraging. They answered all my questions and never got annoyed if I did not understand. I was even given a Maths lesson!
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
No. I would say I was busy 60-70% of the time.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
I was given a considerable amount of responsibility. I was in charge of setting up events and all the social media which would then be seen by the public. I quite liked how my work was clearly visible in that sense.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
It has allowed me to interact with individuals; the essence of Social Anthropology. But, the internship has taught me new digital skills which I did not have previously and I find very valuable.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
Amazing. There is great vibe and everyone I have met or worked with has been incredibly friendly and willing to help in any way shape or form. People are always smiling and you can see they are happy. I was invited to various team events too, such as lunches which was a great opportunity to get to further know my managers etc.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
Very well organised. I knew what was happening at every point.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
They certainly invest and offer different training and workshops which I found particularly useful, particularly the CV and Content Writing courses.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
Although I have decided that I would not like to take a job in my department, I would love to work at CRUK. I think there is a great atmosphere here and the prospects look positive. Jobs seem readily available and in house applications are greatly encouraged.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
Yes. The interns worked closely together and often did activities out of work time.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
It was manageable although I often bought in my own lunch.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
Yes, the intern fundraising team may this readily accessible and enjoyable.