Sports Digital and Social Media Intern at Cancer Research UK

London Greater London
Marketing Marketing Marketing Marketing Product Design/Industrial Design Product Design/Industrial Design Public Relations Public Relations Sales Sales Product Design/Industrial Design Product Design/Industrial Design Public Relations Public Relations Sales Sales Marketing Product Design/Industrial Design Marketing Public Relations Product Design/Industrial Design Marketing Public Relations Sales Product Design/Industrial Design Sales Public Relations Sales

7.4/10

8.6

I think it gave me a good insight into the charity sector and I enjoyed how flexible they were on allowing me to shadow other teams or engage in various other products. My job role itself became slightly repetitive though.

100% I was always thanked for my work and given much encouragement.

100% the team was kind, informative and encouraging. They answered all my questions and never got annoyed if I did not understand. I was even given a Maths lesson!

No. I would say I was busy 60-70% of the time.

I was given a considerable amount of responsibility. I was in charge of setting up events and all the social media which would then be seen by the public. I quite liked how my work was clearly visible in that sense.

It has allowed me to interact with individuals; the essence of Social Anthropology. But, the internship has taught me new digital skills which I did not have previously and I find very valuable.

Amazing. There is great vibe and everyone I have met or worked with has been incredibly friendly and willing to help in any way shape or form. People are always smiling and you can see they are happy. I was invited to various team events too, such as lunches which was a great opportunity to get to further know my managers etc.

Very well organised. I knew what was happening at every point.

They certainly invest and offer different training and workshops which I found particularly useful, particularly the CV and Content Writing courses.

Although I have decided that I would not like to take a job in my department, I would love to work at CRUK. I think there is a great atmosphere here and the prospects look positive. Jobs seem readily available and in house applications are greatly encouraged.

Yes. The interns worked closely together and often did activities out of work time.

It was manageable although I often bought in my own lunch.

N/A

Yes, the intern fundraising team may this readily accessible and enjoyable.