1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
I have enjoyed my Internship thoroughly. The working atmosphere at BAE is extremely friendly and anyone is willing to help you out. If you put yourself out there then there is always something to be doing.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
I felt very valued. Maybe because I was based at a smaller site, but my supervisors were always striving to give me valuable tasks.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
If I asked for guidance I was given it without hesitation
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
I was never overly busy or had too much work to do, but at the same time it was very rare to have nothing to do. In these instances, there is always background information to read.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
I was able to get on with my own work with my supervisor only occasionally needing to check on my progress.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
This experience has shaped me dramatically, giving me great experience in how to interact within a working environment and the key to being organised within a team to work effectively on a project.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
Fairly relaxed with many people taking tea breaks frequently to get away from their desk, but an overall feeling that everyone is there to get the work done.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
Very, I changed task every 2 or 3 weeks and if I came across any area that I found interesting I could request to spend more time on that area.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
I was able to make a number of visits off site to visit customers as well as the company organising an intern conference so all interns from across the country could meet.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
Very, the chance to travel is enormous and the company seems focussed on getting the potential out of every individual.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
I was the only intern at my site.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
Very Cheap in the area around Hull.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
I lived near the student area of the city, so there were many bars and pubs.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?