Placement Student at BAT

Consumer Products/FMCG

BAT is a Top Employer

6.6/10

Cigarette R&D

Mostly varied interesting work in which I was learning .

At times I was more of a production line member (but alongside management grade employee) as everyone pitched in for a specific project, or just spending far to long slogging through reports plus the odd patch of downtime twiddling my thumbs.

I was free to make suggestions which were listened to and given a good amount of responsibility throughout the year.

Regular reviews and feedback from my manger in a structured program which all the students follow.

Very variable work load with some dead periods while waiting for external providers. Equally I was never overworked and the entire team was very relaxed.

I was given many smaller projects but with a considerable degree of management oversight.

Relaxed and easy-going both in the open plan office and in meetings. However it is quite a mature office.

Plenty of opportunity to work in areas I was interested in and were relevant to my degree

A dozen or so placement students make it easy.

Cheap for the South.

Two big unis mean there's always something going on.

Some sporting activities.