1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
Mostly varied interesting work in which I was learning .
At times I was more of a production line member (but alongside management grade employee) as everyone pitched in for a specific project, or just spending far to long slogging through reports plus the odd patch of downtime twiddling my thumbs.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
I was free to make suggestions which were listened to and given a good amount of responsibility throughout the year.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
Regular reviews and feedback from my manger in a structured program which all the students follow.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
Very variable work load with some dead periods while waiting for external providers. Equally I was never overworked and the entire team was very relaxed.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
I was given many smaller projects but with a considerable degree of management oversight.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
Relaxed and easy-going both in the open plan office and in meetings. However it is quite a mature office.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
Plenty of opportunity to work in areas I was interested in and were relevant to my degree
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Sports and Social Club
Staff Sales/Staff Shop
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
A dozen or so placement students make it easy.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
Cheap for the South.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
Two big unis mean there's always something going on.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?