Supporting Product manager and Brand manager of Dacia to build the brand further in the UK.
1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
The placement year was really engaging.
I always had lots to do but was never really overwhelmed. I was always supported on projects I was working on.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
Groupe Renault is full of wonderful friendly people. My line manager especially has turned into a real friend that I will no doubt keep in the future.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
I was always supported by my line manager on projects when I asked for it. There is an expectation to eventually become autonomous.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
Very busy! But was always supported and could always ask what takes priority when required.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
There is obviously a limit to decisions that can be made by you as a placement student. A lot of really big decisions obviously are made by senior management. But my work was often the biggest source of information for my senior manager to make decisions upon.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
Microsoft Excel skill level before placement = 20/100
Microsoft Excel skill level at end of placement = 100/100
Communication and team working skills have also improved greatly.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
Friendly and fun! but still a serious work environment!
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
HR Support you greatly in the initial stages.
Your line manager supports you throughout the year.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
If you view management time as an investment (which it definitely is) then greatly.
They support you and ensure that you gain an understanding of the company as you move through the year.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Working from home
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
Very appealing - Will definitely reapply for the grad scheme
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
Could have been a little better this year, but by all accounts in previous years it has been great.
I lived with a few other placement students and we've become great friends.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
It is London so not completely cheap... But easy tube travel into central is a massive plus!
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
London is an easy transport link away
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
Yes - both work socials and non-work socials.
There is enough free time available for you to take part in your own hobbies/interests.