NGP Scientist at BAT

Southampton South East
Chemistry Mathematics/Statistics Science/Research

BAT is a Top Employer

7.3/10

Investigating the physical parameters of electronic cigarette liquids and seeing how these relate to their composition.

I have mainly enjoyed my work placement at British American Tobacco.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 6 roles at BAT

I feel valued by my colleagues to a good extent.

Both my line managers have been very supportive and provided great guidance.

I was fairly busy on a daily basis, some days are much more busy than others.

A lot of responsibility was given to me whilst on placement. There were certain things I never thought I would be given responsibility for.

I feel my placement has been very beneficial in terms of developing skills relevant to future careers in science and industry, however I don't feel there was much of a link between the work I was doing whilst on placement and my university work.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 6 roles at BAT

A very friendly atmosphere, I enjoyed getting to know people in the office and finding out more about their background.

The placement was well organised as a whole, my only criticism would be the time of year certain extra curricular activities were set up could have been better planned as they coincided with busy times on the student calendar.

A fair amount of personal training and development was provided.

This would be very appealing and I would seize the opportunity of future employment within the company if it was provided to me.

Very good social scene amongst my fellow students and colleagues, this was a great highlight of my placement.

Not overly expensive, fairly average.

Limited however you tend to find your favourite places quickly.

I personally didn't do many activities outside of work except for gym and running.