Digital Marketing Haircare Intern at Unilever

Marketing

Unilever is a Top Employer

7.1/10

6.0

I enjoyed the work that I was doing on my placement year a lot. I was working on a range of activities which made the job more interesting. I think once I was stuck into the placement I was able to get more out of the year and enjoy it more (in the second half)!

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 14 roles at Unilever

My colleagues didn't treat me like an intern - including external stakeholders. I was treated like everyone else and my time and efforts were valued.

I had a close relationship with my line manager and could go to her on a day to day basis if I needed to. Else I had weekly meetings with her to catch up on my progress and discuss any issues I had. I felt like I always had someone to go to which is great especially at the start of your placement.

In the first part of my placement I was not extremely busy, it was more of me supporting my manager and a lot of information absorption. In the latter part, I have been consistently busy in the past few months which has meant I was able to learn a great deal from my placement.

A lot!

A great deal! I have gained great interpersonal skills which will be useful regardless of the degree that I do and the job I go into.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 14 roles at Unilever

It was great. Although it's the central London atmosphere the location was great and the atmosphere inside the office was casual yet formal at the same time. The combination in atmosphere meant I was able to settle in quickly.

Due to my managers changing there were points at which I felt it could have been set up and organised better however with that said I think for the majority of my placement the set up was good.

My manager worked with me to develop my personal skills where we felt I could improve. This was something she volunteered to do and was not required of her.

Extremely! I am very interested in returning to Unilever for the Graduate Programme next year.

Yes - we would often organise post work drinks.

Expensive.

Central London - great but a little pricey!

Dove Day & some charity work.