1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
Really enjoyed the experience at J&J. You get the opportunity to work with great brands and people, and the people there are amazing! They really make the year, everyone is so friendly and makes you feel so welcome. Would really reccomend a placement here.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
The people are what makes J&J they are so friendly and I certainly did not feel like a placment student i felt like someone who has been working there for a long time! I feel like i am really valued by the people i work with and i have a great team who support me.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
My manager at J&J was great. Even though they were really busy they will always make time for me every week to ensure that we have a catch up on my progress. Having said this, throughout my year here I have had 3 different managers so keeping the continuity of support has been difficult.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
My job varies day to day, no two days are the same and I have been lucky enough to have been able to go and meet buyers and presnt to them which has kept me really busy.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
Loads! Way more than i thought I owuld when I joined - within the last 6 months I have been managing my own account which has provided me with amazing experience for the future.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
I have learnt so much this year in terms of life skills - not so much skills for my degree. I havent really used that much knowledge from what i have learn't from my first and second years at uni, but have learnt valuable skills which will make the progression into a grad job so much easier!
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
Mondays and Fridays in my department were quiet because most people choose to work from home. Tuesday-Thursday the office is a great place to work.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
When i first got to J&J it seemed like they didnt really know what my role was going to be which meant the first couple of weeks were difficult for me to settle in and progress. Since being here HR have asked for feedback on how they can make the experience better in the future which i think will help future placements.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
I have had some online training and some team building training.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Sports and Social Club
Staff Sales/Staff Shop
Working from home
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
They really encourage current placements to apply for the grad jobs at J&J, i know the two placements in my role before me have both gone on to do the grad job and i will be applying too.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
Social aspect of this year has really made my year. As a placemnet group of around 20/25 people we have really made an effort to socialise, even going on holiday together. We all get on really well and i will certainly stay in contact with them after my placement year!
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
I was lucky enough to live at home during my placement year so did not have to pay for a house, but socailising in Maidenhead is quite expensive but fun!
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
Maidenhead is a great night out as is Reading!
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
Yes - lots of things to do in reading and London is only a short Train journey away!