Spring Programme at Unilever

Marketing

Unilever is a Top Employer

7.5/10

Marketing

I found the Spring Week (2 days) was quite full on and intense, but I learnt a lot and had the chance to meet a wide range of Unilever employees, from placement students to graduates to people who had been with Unilever for 10 years.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 14 roles at Unilever

Everyone was very friendly, the atmosphere relaxed and the talks given on the first day were from some more senior people, making us feel valued.
Financially, I felt quite heavily invested in as we each had our own room in a nice business hotel, transfers to and from the office/station, and reimbursed travel costs.

Any questions we had we answered, and there was plenty of opportunity to ask for help if needed.

We spent lots of time talking with and asking questions of employees, especially over dinner, which has definitely made me well practiced in the art of dinner time conversation. The challenge on the second day had a steep learning curve and made us think on our feet, something which doesn't happen a lot at university. Giving the presentation was particularly enjoyable.

Pretty well structured - there was always something on the agenda for us!

Really positive, chilled out and fun. We could wear jeans in the office, which added to the relaxed feeling.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 14 roles at Unilever

A fair amount, as they had lots of people come and talk to us, and prepared activities.

Most insight into this came from Q&A sessions, but it is quite difficult to convey unless you actually have experience working there. Although, I still got the impression that it is relaxed, flexible and fun.

A lot! You really don't understand it until you have visited.

I gave me an idea of both what it would be like to work for Unilever, in addition to working in the FMCG industry.

Reimbursed up to £50 expenses

Yes - two dinners, a Q&A and extensive opportunities for questioning.

Fun!

No, not really.

Definitely worth it if you have ever wondered what it would be like to work for an MNC like Unilever.