Assistant Project accountant at BAE Systems

Brough North West

BAE Systems is a Top Employer

9.1/10

9.4

Preparing spend and commitment analysis and forecasts for the contracts my team was responsible for.
Preparing debtors and creditors analysis.
Helping with balance sheet analysis.
Working closely with project managemnt, commercial and engineering

My team members and co-workers were extremely suppportive and very friendly. Extensive training was provided as well as a number of learning opportunities.

Very pleasant , semi-formal and friendly atmosphere to work in. Colleagues were very friendly and helpful. Line manager was very undestanding, supportive and motivational.

I was sent on a number of courses to develop certain skills necessary for the job. Constant reviews and appraisals from management made sure I was given all the training I required.

Flexible hours that BAE systems has ensures that employees have the perfect work-life balance. If I had worked hard Monday-Thursday, for example, I could leave at 12 on the FRiday, or use the additional hours for holiday later on.

I feel I was really valued and given real responsibilities. On a number of occasions I had to represent the finance department at project management meetings, negotiate and liaise with engineers, etc

The interpersonal and communications skills I gained proved to be invaluble. Computer and accounting training I received is extremely helpful in my final year at university

Very informal and friendly atmosphere in the office. Time to chat with colleagues in the coffee room and even on the desk. All this made even the toughest jobs easy and pleasant.

Very well organised. A lot of money is put into making the inters feel good and have a great time in the company, whilst contributing a lot to the company

I feel that a lot of time effort and money was invested in me

In light of my performance during the year I was offered a full time position with the company after I gradute plus a subsidy for my final year at uni

All sorts of events organised for and by the interns/graduates, many of them funded by the company- such as annual conferences, fun days , etc

East Yorkshire area is generally very cheap to live in

Brough itself is pretty limited in terms of nightlife, although Hull has some good bars and clubs

Plenty ! Golf, shopping , voluntary work..