Audit Intern at Grant Thornton

Birmingham West Midlands

9.9/10

Audit

I really enjoyed my time at Grant Thornton as a commerical Audit intern. During my time at Grant Thornton I learnt a lot of new things. I was given the opportunity to challenge myself in many way, and step out of my comfort zone, which I am extremely grateful for. I would rate my placement a 10 as i though that Grant Thornton did an amazing job in structuring the Internship the best way possible to in order to allow the opportunity for each intern to be the best version of themselves.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 1 roles at Grant Thornton

To a large extent I felt very valued by all of my colleagues that I had the opportunity to work with in the commercial audit department at Grant Thornton. As soon as I walked into the office every college made me feel at home, which was a very comfortable and warming feeling. I am very please to say that I believe by the end of my internship experience i was confident enough to call some of my colleagues friends. Everybody across Grant Thornton was so friendly, and willing to go the extra mile to encourage me, and answer any question that I might of had.

One of the great things that I love about Grant Thornton and I am really appreacited of, was that from an early stage of my internship duration, I was given a lot of resposbility. This was a shock to me considering the little knowledge I had. This made me instantly feel very valued as an intern at Grant Thornton. This meant that my supervisors trusted me enough to diligently complete a task with my own ability. All of my supervisors were very helpful, and more than supportive, they made me feel that no questions was silly question and encouraged to feel comfortable enough to ask questions no matter how small they were, which I was extremely appreciative of.

very busy

During my 6 week internship at Grant Thornton as a Commercial auditor, I strongly believe that I was given a lot of responsibility the beginning of my internship, which I am extremely grateful for. The amount of responsibility i got given as only just an intern, without any accounting qualifications, and the limited knowledge I had initially shocked me. I believe Grant Thornton ethos of unlocking the potential for growth in every employee, was really apparent to me. No matter how little knowledge you may have in a particular sector, I believe does an amazing job on coaching and encouraging its employees to be the best version of themselves, by given them a lot of responsibility early on. This allowed me not only to feel that my presence and work was very valued, but allowed me to realise how much Grant Thornton are willing to go the extra mile in developing each and every employee in the business unit, which i find amazing.

I believe that skills that i learn at Grant Thornton will not only strongly assist whilst in degree studies, but also my future career endeavors. One of the major skills I learnt from the Grant Thornton was confidence. As being an initial shy person, and not really having the opportunity to step out my comfort zone. I believe that Grant Thornton not only made realize to see qualities in myself that I didn't think I had, but also allowed me to see that true confidence comes with in. I would say another skills that I learnt at Grant Thornton was the importance of networking. Grant Thornton not only instilled in e the ability to be confident enough to talk to anybody no matter what lever they are, but also the the ability to communicate well with us a build great long lasting rapports.

Very Pleasant and work friendly

Very well structured and well coordinated

I believe that the firm invested a lot of time in personal training and the development of the summer Interns. We were given the opportunity to have a two day residential workshop focused of developing our skills as a person, which I really found very useful.

Very appealing. I accepted a Graduate offer with them!

Yes after work drinks. Summer and Christmas parties

Reasonable

Very good. A lot of good clubs and amazing restaurants.

Yes there were a lot of volunteering opportunities, and sports events .