Support & Guidance
- 1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis.
- 2. Have you learnt any new skills, or developed your existing skills?
- How would you rate the training provided during your experience?
- How would you rate your development of industry-specific skills during the experience?
- How would you rate your development of personal / soft skills during the experience?
- Please rate how these skills have helped you in your career development
- 3. Were you given much responsibility during your placement / internship?
- Please rate how meaningful the work you were doing was
- 4. How much support and guidance did you receive during your placement / internship?
- How would you rate the support and guidance from your line manager?
- How would you rate the support and guidance from the wider team?
- 5. What was the company culture and general atmosphere like?
- How would you rate the inclusiveness of the culture?
- How would you rate the social opportunities?
- How would you rate the diversity initiatives?
- How would you rate the charity, sustainability and corporate social responsibility (CSR) initiatives?
- 6. To what extent did you enjoy your placement / internship?
- Please rate your level of enjoyment on your placement / internship
- Please rate how your experience met your expectations
- Please rate the future employment prospects at Grant Thornton
- 7. Would you recommend Grant Thornton to a friend?
- 8. What advice would you give to others applying to Grant Thornton
Work on simple audit cycles and develop knowledge to work on more technical aspects.
Developed communication skills and analytical and technical knowledge whilst learning how to work independently and taking ownership by managing commitments and time keeping.
Yes. Working independently on cycles and being responsible for meeting your own deadlines. This also comes with downsides as during peak season we would sometimes have to work 10+ hour days.
Support & Guidance
Had a personal manager that was always available if I wanted to speak about anything.
Good cohesive culture that was generally flexible and accommodating where possible and easy to fit into.
Very enjoyable and meaningful as I interacted with people from different levels and backgrounds and had a variety of exposure to new things.
If working in audit be ready to travel and work hard as sometimes you would need to spend 3-4 hours a day commuting on top of working the normal 7.5. And also on other occasions working extra hours over the week as overtime, but in both scenarios you are not paid overtime as you are expected to do these things as part of your job role.
Placement (10 Months+)