Program was based around a 3 week desk rotation and then a 6 week desk placement, daily routine varied but entailed writing up reports for desks, doing P&Ls and other tasts
Report this review
- To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
Very enjoyable experience, would not have wanted to be anywhere else
- To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
Well balanaced over the whole program
- To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
Line managers were extremely helpful throughout the process
- How busy were you on a daily basis?
Good balance of work vs an experience of what it would be like to be at the bank
- How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
Fair amount of responsability was given, enough to give us a real sense of an experience
- To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
Theory learned on the course was invaluable and can be applied whether we get a job offer or not
- What was the general atmosphere in your office?
extremely interesting desk placements
- How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
Well organised over most areas
- In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
Felt that the company invested heavily in the program
- What were the perks on your work placement?
- How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
No decisions yet, but people are getting hired on different desks
- Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
good atmosphere within interns
- What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
Expensive as middle of city
- What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
Good nightliufe, but expensive
- Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
Some social events organised by the company but in general quite lacking
- In addition to these questions, is there any extra information you would like to leave about your experiences on your work placement that other students may be interested in?