Marketing Assistant at Johnson & Johnson

Marketing

Johnson & Johnson is a Top Employer

7.3/10

4.5

Marketing Assistant for the Pharmaceutical part of Johnson & Johnson.

My placement year at Johnson & Johnson was great.

Everyone is friendly and welcoming. My manager and wider team were always appreciative of my work and efforts.

I would have weekly catch ups with my manager to ensure I was making the most of the year and getting involved in a variety of projects and challenges.

It varied. Some weeks it was really busy. Sometimes very quiet. Sometimes the perfect balance. I rarely had to work overtime and if I did it wouldn't be for more than an hour or so.

The amount of responsibility I was given increased gradually throughout the year. At the beginning I was able to start working on smaller projects. By the end of the year I was leading on major projects that really required good organisational and leadership skills.

Whilst not particularly relevant to my studies, I did gain skills in time management, organisation, teamwork and leadership

It was a fun office, particularly in the area where I worked. Everyone had a good sense of humour but at the same time worked hard.

The initial handover period is ran by the previous placement students. This was good in the sense you could talk to and learn from someone who went through the same experience as you but also it meant it was slightly disorganised. However, as a whole the placement was well set up and I learned about everything I needed to within the first six months.

I was allowed to go on a variety of training programmes. This was not only enjoyable but made me feel like a valued employee.

There is a graduate scheme for those interested in Marketing, Comms and Business Intelligence. However, there is no preferential treatment or fast track if you have done a placement.

Being near London means that you can venture out and have a good night out (however, it is quite pricey including travel etc.). The actual town that I lived in had no night life, only a small cocktail bar. Nevertheless, there were nearby towns with some nice bars.

Cost of living was fine, not too expensive. Not much nightlife at all, however there was a cinema, bowling etc.

Not good. Only one good bar in the town I lived in and a few in nearby towns.

The employees would often arrange nights out. Sports wise the company has a netball, football and running teams which you can join.