1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
The experience I have had with Holborn Assets has literally been life changing, it's completely opened up my future options and helped me to re-evaluate my career goals and aspirations, it is one of the most rewarding experiences I have had the pleasure to undertake.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
Everybody from the CEO to the admin assistants guided me and helped me where needed, they really pushed me to try new things and develop skills I had never considered before.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
I was able to work directly with senior management, clients and across different departments, Holborn Assets are very transparent with employees and clients.
I was given sole responsibility for several important tasks and was given the responsibilities of a full-time employee.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
The atmosphere is possibly the best part of Holborn Assets, everyone fits in to one big family and there is huge emphasis on integrity and respect, (not common place in financial services).
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
Everything from accommodation and flights to training sessions and development plans was down to a tee. Couldn't fault the running of my placement or the business.!
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
Holborn Assets invested the valuable time and experience of their employees to develop myself and other placement students, we were sent on training courses and international conferences and their commitment to my development was above my expectations.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Above 25 days holiday
Working from home
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
Dubai isn't a cheap place to live, however our salaries and perks meant we were able to comfortably enjoy our time in Dubai, One downside is the price of 'non-Muslim' products; pork and alcohol can be as much as 10x the price in the UK, as a bacon enthusiast this was difficult!
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
Again, the high prices of drinks in the UAE meant 'nightlife' could get very expensive, but there is so much going on and there is an amazing atmosphere everywhere you go.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?