Digital Marketing Assistant at Holborn Assets

Advertising Marketing

8.7/10

9.6

* Report to the Digital Marketing Manager
* Assist in the production and implementation of the companies Digital Marketing Plan.
* Assist in devising strategies to drive online traffic to the company website.
* Tracking conversion rates and making improvements to the website.
* Assist in developing and managing digital marketing campaigns utilising a range of techniques including paid search, SEO and PPC.
* Help overseeing the social media strategy for the company.
* Support online brand and product campaigns to raise brand awareness.
* Assist in the redesign of the company website.
* Improving the usability, design, content and conversion of the company website.
* Evaluating customer research, market conditions and competitor data, utilising applications such as Hubspot.
* Assist in the creation of blogs to enhance the company's online presence.
* Review new technologies and help keep the company at the forefront of developments in Digital Marketing.
* Support the efforts to increase the company's digital presence and reputation online.

Well to start with working for Holborn Assets enabled me to be able to go and work in Dubai for 7 months and then Sri Lanka for a further 7 months. My placement was a great practical learning experience for the area I want to work in when I get older (say’s he who’s already 23).

I felt valued at Holborn Assets as I knew the work I was doing was making a difference, such as helping people around the work find financial information relevant to their location, or lowering the ranking of complaints so the company could perform better and have a more outstanding online reputation.

I was given plenty of support and guidance from my Manager at Holborn Assets, namely This section of the comment has been removed by a member of the RateMyPlacement Team because it did not meet our site terms and conditions, as all I had to do was ask a question and it would always be answered. I was also shown how to do certain things before doing them and so on.

On a daily basis I was busy with lots of both small and large projects to do. I wouldn’t of called it the most hectic job on the plant, but it did keep me busy most of the time. I also helped out the company’s content writer in Sri Lanka.

During my placement, I was given a fair amount of responsibility, such as taking over the Holborn Assets social media pages and being given access to lots of company websites. Due to already working at the company on and off over the past few years, I was given more responsibilities and access to things.

In terms of helping me with my degree studies, I can’t think there will be a lot, apart from filling some extra pages with stuff I learnt from my degree. However in terms of what I want to do, which is to set-up my own business, it will help hugely, for example I am already now making $1,000 per month from best practices I learnt on YouTube.

The atmosphere in the office was mostly very professional as it was a Financial Services Company. Although I say it was very professional, it was not as chilled out as maybe working in Google would be with all the fun sofa areas and relaxation zones, but it also wasn't overly serious, as you may expect a financial firm to be.

People were very friendly, had a good time, went on nights out and overall it was a great place to work, especially when working in a foreign country, it was nice to have lots of other British people in one area.

As it was the first time Holborn Assets had ever offered a full year-long work placement, it wasn't something they were overly experienced with, but they seemed to handle it very well, with introductions to everyone, safety rules, a beginners handbook guide and so on.

Overall, I learnt lots, which is what a placement is, so overall they did a great job!

Well to begin with they gave me free accommodation and a flight to Sri Lanka and Dubai. They also took me on many seminars and other training meetings. One of the most exciting things that I did was being taken by my boss at Holborn Assets to America, Boston, for a training seminar which lasted 4 days and was an amazing experience!

As I have already been working with Holborn Assets for the past 6 years on and off, and was then offered the first ever 14 month placement they had ever done, I think I am on the right track to possibly securing long-time employment with them.

Yes, there was one other person with me from the same university which was nice. But also being in a foreign country and everyone being from England in the office, everyone knew each other very well and we all had a great time with plenty of nights out and other social scenes.

Well for starters, Dubai is not cheap! So to put it in short, it wasn't exactly what you would expect to pay on your average night out. People come to Dubai thinking "yay, good wage, no tax, happy days". That is until they visit the pub where your pint will cost you atleast a tenner.

Night life was all very good fun with the majority of people going out frequently. However, as always in an Islamic country, you have to be careful and not get too drunk, as you can be arrested for a lot smaller things than what you could be back in Britain.

Yes plenty, as Dubai is a warm country, most of them were indoors. The most common sports were water sports and pub sports. Anything to stay cool in a country that can during summer hit 50 degrees!

Disclaimer: The reviews expressed on RateMyPlacement are those of members of the public and not those of the RateMyPlacement team or our affiliates. Search Provided by ElasticSearch