1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
I truly enjoyed my work the balance between quantitative work and qualitative work was great and the atmosphere is a great plus. I would strongly recommend the internship program at Rothschild for anyone interested in investment banking.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
Rothschild has a great team spirit and people are definitely very considerate of the effort put into the work.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
This was definitely a highlight of the work. Whenever I was assigned something the team always made sure that I understand what I was doing, the purpose of it and help was always offered.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
The quantity of work really varied sometimes I was working non stop while some others I was not doing much. However, I was always able to use the spare time to learn about the sector.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
I was given as much responsibility as I could have been given, given my skills and knowledge. I felt trusted my the team members.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
The knowledge I acquired grew at an exponential rate everyday! This internship thought me many sector specific skills but also helped my develop an analytical line of thought.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
Everyone is very nice and friendly despite the intense work atmosphere.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
The internship was very well structured. My only comment on organization is that team could organize to give more work to the interns.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
We had a training at the beginning which was very useful and after that the team was very supportive and also offered to teach us more.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
Fantastic. They offer a great graduate program.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
There were a couple of events for the interns to socialize that were very well run and definitely very fun.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
Unfortunately, London is a very expensive city.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
Nightlife in London is great and there is something for everyone.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?