Manufacturing Production Planning Intern at BAE Systems

Aerospace/Aviation Manufacturing

BAE Systems is a Top Employer

6.5/10

4.2

Assist production planning to drive strategic growth and generate new ideas through applying knowledge and skills to anticipate and solve problems. Lead and inspire teams through supporting team working and valuing everyone’s contribution.

I loved the internship, everyone is really friendly but most of all the experiences here are incredible and wouldn't have been found anywhere else!

I felt comfortable from day one, 99% of the people I met had plenty of time for you and did their best to help as much as they could.

Management were always crazy busy but always approachable and would come back if they didn't have time at that second. It was just the right amount of help they gave you the space to explore where necessary and get on with things.

Some days were quiet but you could always find something to do, my project kept me busy for the majority of the 12 weeks and evolved into more side projects. There's still loads of stuff I wish I could have done but there wasn't enough time to get round them all.

Some of the work I did is now in place for the company and someone else will have to take over. I had to be responsible for running meetings and attending other meetings.

I think it will assist my future greatly and have developed confidence since coming here. The practical skills will be invaluable for my degree but I could have done with more software skills to further enhance my training for university studies.

Relaxed and friendly

It was organised okay but was in your own hands to manage your own learning.

There wasn't much opportunity for this but the personal skills gained make up for this.

Good, I'd love to work here after university

Yes, had a couple of meals and nights out.

I grew up in the area, its not great for socialising but it's fairly decent price wise.

Poor, Preston isn't a good night out. Unless the students are there it's dead on a Friday night.

Not really, but we found our own stuff to do.