Assist production planning to drive strategic growth and generate new ideas through applying knowledge and skills to anticipate and solve problems. Lead and inspire teams through supporting team working and valuing everyone’s contribution.
1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
I loved the internship, everyone is really friendly but most of all the experiences here are incredible and wouldn't have been found anywhere else!
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
I felt comfortable from day one, 99% of the people I met had plenty of time for you and did their best to help as much as they could.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
Management were always crazy busy but always approachable and would come back if they didn't have time at that second. It was just the right amount of help they gave you the space to explore where necessary and get on with things.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
Some days were quiet but you could always find something to do, my project kept me busy for the majority of the 12 weeks and evolved into more side projects. There's still loads of stuff I wish I could have done but there wasn't enough time to get round them all.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
Some of the work I did is now in place for the company and someone else will have to take over. I had to be responsible for running meetings and attending other meetings.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
I think it will assist my future greatly and have developed confidence since coming here. The practical skills will be invaluable for my degree but I could have done with more software skills to further enhance my training for university studies.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
Relaxed and friendly
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
It was organised okay but was in your own hands to manage your own learning.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
There wasn't much opportunity for this but the personal skills gained make up for this.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Sports and Social Club
Staff Sales/Staff Shop
Above 25 days holiday
Working from home
Healthcare from home
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
Good, I'd love to work here after university
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
Yes, had a couple of meals and nights out.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
I grew up in the area, its not great for socialising but it's fairly decent price wise.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
Poor, Preston isn't a good night out. Unless the students are there it's dead on a Friday night.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?