Assessing the current practice in a particular field within the business and through communication with current active users analysing a recommended future solution.
1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
For an internship restricted to just 3 months it was highly enjoyable; got some excellent opportunities and experiences alongside a good refelection/experience of working life
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
The praise when returning my report and the thanks received when people learned I would be leaving soon was really nice- I was always made to feel a part of the teams I worked with and certainly felt valued
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
Managers were excellent in helpign with day-to-day stuff but also with using their influence to create some shortcuts and open some doors to great opportunities
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
Varied, at the start you are given time to get settled at your own rate. In the middle I felt busy and always ahd something to be getting on with. The project was well planned by my manager and so I finished with time to spare and did not feel rushed towards the end.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
In terms of my own project, I had free reign and was completely responsible for its form and outputs. In another side-project I took on I was given work that the team took on board and directly implementedf into their own project. More such opportunities to take real responsibility for an active project would have been great (but perhaps not achieveable in the timescale to add more tasks)
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
Definitely helped me develop communication and planning skill than can be transferred to any future job. Taught me many personal skills about how to look for opportunities and make them for yourself to keep your job/career progressing.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
Very friendly, very welcoming but with the right amount of seriousness as the people around me were working on active projects with deadlines and issues to solve! Great environment to work in.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
Very well- down to the work of my line manager who had created a suitable-sized project and kept up-to-date with me and other interns in weeklyy catch up meetings.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
Invested a fair amount. Seemed happy to provide much more if Ihad been there for a longer period of time. Perhaps could have been introduced to more technical skills
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Sports and Social Club
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
Placement helped me to decide what I really want to do (which it turns out is slightly different to what this ocmpany offers). If i was to continue in this career then the pathways are very clear, and the opportunities almost endless.
Was very very tempted to apply for their grad scheme.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
Got on really well with the other interns on my site and with the others we met when we travelled to visit /work elsewhere
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
Reasonably high- because it was London. Was easy to socialise if you wanted to
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
Relatively poor but central London is 20 mins away on the train
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
Made aware of many sports and social opportunites and was always encouraged to get involved in stuff outside of my project