Multimedia Intern at Bloomberg

Internet/e-Commerce/New Media Italian Journalism Media Telecommunications

Bloomberg is a Top Employer

7.1/10

7.4

During my time as a Multimedia Intern at Bloomberg, I worked with teams in TV, Digital Video and Online. My responsibilities were researching and scripting videos, completing database of guests, analysing Bloomberg TV's social media strategy and delivering the results to the editors, writing original stories and updated articles during breaking news with videos, social media and links, implementing social media use in digital.

I really enjoyed my overall internship experience and I would absolutely do it again. However, I think there are some organisational flows in my department that need to be assessed, If some parts of the internship were better organised, we would all have benefited of a better performance: the company, the team and I.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 3 roles at Bloomberg

I don't feel like my colleagues paid too much attention to my presence. Someone didn't even speak to me until I proactively went to introduce myself to them, even though they knew I was the new intern.

Guidance and support was always great. I've never felt like I didn't know who to speak to when I was a bit lost. At Bloomberg it's incredibly easy to get hold of people and ask them whatever you need.

My internship changed a lot on a daily basis as I shadowed and worked with different teams. I can say that I've been generally enough busy not to have to bother people around me to give me more to do.

I've never really felt treated like an intern - maybe too much sometimes! I felt like I've been trusted by my colleagues to use the available tools properly and access information. However, I think that with some further training at the beginning I would also have been able to perform other operations and therefore to be given more responsibilities.

I had my internship after I graduated, therefore I couldn't apply the skills I developed to my academic performance.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 3 roles at Bloomberg

Overall good. Everyone was really hard-working and task-focused. Team work wasn't particularly strong though.

As I said before, I think there are some flaws that need to be fixed. I think that the problems are mainly related to communications and time management.

I think Bloomberg invests a lot in terms of resources and time in its interns.

Even though I realised that maybe huge corporations are not for me, I would love to come back and work at Bloomberg because it's such a good place to develop your skills.

The internship team organises lots of parties and events targeted to students, which is great!

London is expensive... The City is expensive. Nothing surprising, right?

London has a great nightlife, even if expensive. Luckily Bloomberg organised some evening events for us as well, which were really appreciated!

There were some good opportunities in volunteering within Bloomberg, even though they are not available to interns. I thought a gym would also have been an immense plus.