1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
I have really enjoyed my placement year at TUI Travel. It has given me the opportunity to develop with a lot of support from my team.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
I felt valued by my colleagues as I had a real role within my team with a lot of responsibility. If I needed any support from my team/managers they were there to give me some.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
I was given a lot of support from my management to help me to develop throughout the year. If I had any questions I felt comfortable to ask these to my managers.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
I had the perfect balance of work. Some days when I was too busy my team would help me out with the workload.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
I was given a lot of responsibility throughout my placement. I was given a real role within the team that was challenging but with the support of my team and management I was able to develop my skills throughout the year.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
The skills I have developed this year will help me in my degree studies but also in future careers. I have learnt a lot this year from presentation skills to knowledge of my department. I have learnt a lot of new skills throughout the year and have become much more confident.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
The office was a great environment to work in. Everyone was really supportive and there was always something going on after work. The social aspect within the office was also really good, there was always activities to participate in and opportunities to meet others around the business.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
The placement team within TUI was very well organised. They always gave us loads of support and wanted us to get the most of our placement year. With regular meetings set up we were able to discuss any issues that arose.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
Nothing was too much in terms of our development. If we wanted to gain some more insight in a particular department we were able to do this. We worked on projects as a placement team throughout the year which helped us develop a variety of different skills in different departments.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Sports and Social Club
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
I would like to work within TUI in future within the same department.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
The social scene within the business was really good. There were a variety of nights out, sports and events during the year which gave us the opportunity to interact with people all over the business.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
The cost of renting wasn't too bad considering we were not too far from London.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
The nightlife in Luton wasn't the best. But there were surrounding areas such as St Albans and London wasn't too far on the train.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
Yes, there were loads of activities to participate in throughout the year. Such as a TUI netball team and several nights out.