Sales Adviser at Golfbreaks.com

Customer Service Marketing Sales

6.7/10

6.0

Selling spa breaks

I did enjoy my placement however there was parts of it where I did struggle. Placement is the best way to learn about the working environment, it doesn't sugar coat it you get a real experience. I have learnt so much in such a short time which I know will help me pick my future career.

My team was brilliant, so much support and I have got such good friends out of it. When there was difficult colleagues you just need to ignore them.

I had good support from my manager, she helped me through difficult times and give me all the guidance she could. I didn't have as much support from other managers in some departments but oh well.

The work lode did change day to day! Monday was the busiest day and it slowed down further into the week.

You're given as much as any other member of staff in the office. My department also had to do our own customer service which was more than other sales members but in the end we actually learnt more.

I know how to sell which is always useful. I am able to deal with difficult customers and look after customer service issues. I am so much more organised that I used to be and I can handle a busy work lode. It helps with my business and economics degree too.

The atmosphere is great, the people are the best thing about the office. Its a really young and lively environment which helps you get through the day. It is a male dominated environment so more female managers would be good, even it out.

Towards the end of my placement it did become slightly unorganised. However our days were pretty much the same so we were always kept in check.

So much training, really really good. I was happy that they covered everything

I personally wouldn't go back to Golfbreaks as it wasn't the job for me. However there are loads of job opportunities for graduates to take in sales and customer service.

Yes, really good social side. The people that work for golfbreaks are so much fun.

Living was quite expensive, we paid around £500 for rent but Windsor is incredible so it was worth it.

Nightlife was okay, really good pubs etc. Clubs arent great but London is so close.

Umm, yeah Windsor is pretty good and we usually have Friday night drinks.