1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
The placement year at Golfbreaks.com was very enjoyable. There was a lot of importance placed on the students here, and the atmosphere within the company is very friendly and positive.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
The relationship between the employees is very friendly and strong. There is a lot of help offered with a great deal of importance placed on teamwork.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
The support offered by management has a good balance which also encourages you to work on your own initiative.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
The company itself is busy during different periods. At times when it is quiet you have the opportunity to work in a different department which is helpful.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
The responsibility given to me also had the right balance, because when at times I was not confident with a task assigned to me there was always someone available to offer their support. The responsibility has also encouraged me to work on my own initiative which has improved my confidence.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
The skills developed here have built my confidence and has given me an insight on how to work in a professional environment. I have also improved my communication skills, allowing me to deal with people in the real world with the correct approach. My organisation has also improved which will hopefully allow me to manage the workload in the final year.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
The atmosphere in the office is very friendly, positive and helpful. There is also the correct balance between formal and informal.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
This was very well set up with an organised transition into the workload throughout the year,
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
The training provided was very helpful as these were provided towards the correct aspects.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Sports and Social Club
Staff Sales/Staff Shop
Above 25 days holiday
Working from home
Healthcare from home
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
They are quite appealing as the company itself is a very friendly company to work for. The managers are also helpful and offer their support when necessary.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
Yes, the company was very sociable which allowed employees to get to know each other.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
There were a lot of company activities including 'Fam Trips' which visited the venues we sell to.