First part of my internship in analytics involved taking part in various group project as well as working directly with the customers and involved knowing the BBG terminal well. The second part in sales involved working directly with existing and prospect customers of BBG and informing them on our product.
1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
it has been a challenging and yet a very well organised and an interesting internship.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
Everyone has been willing to help and noone knew we were interns. We were valued and welcomed.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
Very good regular feedback and guidance both by the managers and our colleagues.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
it's been reasonably busy-especially in sales. we were never bored.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
The expectations of our performace were high and we were given a lot of responsibility from the very start of the internship.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
We have recieved and excellent financial and BBG product training on our first weeeks and have been learning everyday of the internship.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
It was really great. Very stimulating and challenging yet always fun and friendly.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
It was very well organised and well managed by our leaders and managers.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
As mentioned before we were given a full week of intensive trainig just as everyone that joins the company.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
It has been very appealing and I have applied for a job straight after the internship. I have been offered the position afterwards.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
Very much so. The interns were from all over the world and of different ages ranging from 18 to 30.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
We have been socialising a lot after the internship and during the specially organised BBG intern events. It's been great.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
Not sure- I have been writing an MA dissertation after work.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
Deffinetely. The BOB events have been keeping us busy and entertained. We could chose a variety of activities ranging from art galleries visits to charity work.