1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
During my time at Bloomberg I was gradually given responsibilities when my superiors felt that I was ready for them. The nature of work also appealed to me as it was a mixture of projects, classroom training, shadowing and working as part of the team.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
Colleagues in the department where I interned as well as in the whole company treated me with respect and like an equal to them. I took part in department and team meetings and was able to also arrange them and present to the team. I was also included to come along to a team night out which helped with getting to know my colleagues better.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
Two trainers were supporting me throughout the whole internship experience. However, I was able to reach out to anyone in the team whenever I felt that I needed guidance or support.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
I was given balanced amount of work throughout all the stages of the internship.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
i was given plenty of responsibilities during the 10 week period. One of the projects included performing in front of 200 people within the Operations department and senior management of the company.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
The skills I obtained will unarguably assist me in my future career wherever it might take me. The internship gave me confidence in myself and allowed me to believe that I can handle working environment.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
The atmosphere was very welcoming and relaxed.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
Arriving there, I did not expect to be so well looked after. I was given thorough schedule by my trainers and they were the ones teaching the material and arranging exams.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
The company provided me with Bloomberg software for the duration of the whole internship,
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
Towards the end of my studies, I will be interviewed by the manager of the company to whether I can pursue my career with them,
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
The social scene was very favorable,
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
As the company is located in central London, the living and travel costs were quite high,
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
Central London is known for its night life.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
I had a chance to participate also in volunteering opportunities. For example, company employees and interns spent a day planting poppies outside the tower of London for the Remembrance Day.