Financial Software Developer Intern at Bloomberg

Information Technology

Bloomberg is a Top Employer

9.1/10

9.6

I enjoyed the internship very much – I was allocated to the team that I wanted the most and given an interesting project to work on. I have received all the support required for me to succeed, and there were also lots of various events organised for interns, to get an insight to a company as a whole.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 3 roles at Bloomberg

I felt part of a team and there were no obstacles in communication, both professional and out of office.

I was given everything I need to complete my placement, and more.

It was really up to me, but I spent most of the time coding. There were a few weeks full of meetings, closer to the end, and C++, of course, takes time to compile, which is quite boring, however overall I felt my busyness level was appropriate.

Aside from initial specification it was completely up to me to design and implement the components of project I was working.

You develop solid software engineering skills through practical work and subsequent code reviews. Placements like this are instrumental in personal development as a programmer.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 3 roles at Bloomberg

It was very professional and friendly. People come to office to achieve something, and yet have fun in the process.

I have received the training that was very relevant to what I would do. There were lots of events organised for us. We even participated in charitable activities, like planting poppies around the Tower of London.

You receive training at the very beginning, and there are always classes running that you can join to improve something in particular.

I would love to join them, and I am currently in the process of doing so.

The other interns were great, and we got to know not only R&D interns, but the whole crowd from all departments.

It is London City.

Probably the best you can get in UK.

There are sport societies and charity events in the company, and you also get a free/discounted access to most of the cultural events/places, so you can always find something that you like.