Working with venues overseas and within the UK to organise any of our clients needs that they may want. Producing invoices, compromising and liasing with venues and daily contact with clients.
1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
Great atmosphere around the office, always willing to provide placement students with new projects they may need to carry out for their course.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
Throughout the year there is always evenings out for work such as incentives, meaning its a great social side where you can interact with everyone. Everyone makes you feel welcome when you first start.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
There were monthly appraisals, and if I wanted to try something new, or do a new project I was given this opportunity,
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
There was always work to do, and if you didn't understand anything that you were given full training was provided.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
The responsibility was good, we were treated as a full time member of staff.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
I learnt a lot of general skills such as different working skills, getting myself into a daily routine etc. I also did mini projects which will allow me to use as examples for upcoming assignments
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
Such a great atompshere, everyone motivated and cheered each other on.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
To begin with the stucture was not spot on however in the middle of my placement they could not of got it more perfect, which will be exciting for the future,
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
The company always wants their placements students to do well so offer the best training they can provide, and there is always opportunities for graduate jobs.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
With the company growing and expanding so fast, it would be a very exciting business to work within for the future.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
All the placement students were like family, and all got on really well. We all still keep in contact with each other to.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
Living area is very expensive, unless you live further out and get a train into work, if your permanent home is that far away. Socialising is great!
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
Not amazing, but its the people your with that makes it!
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
Theres plenty to do, Golfbreaks usually hold different sporting events to get involved in.