1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
Definitely enjoyable, rewarded for hard work.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
Yes, I was given responsibilities that I alone had to undertake. Genuinely felt like a valued member of the team in the branch
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
Summer Internships had only just been introduced admin department were very supportive, whereas within the branch it seemed the staff had more important things to worry about, which was fair enough.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
Hard to rate, extremely variable where i worked. Hours of intense work, then hours of nothingness. However this is not reflective of every branch in the organisation.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
A surprisingingly large amount which was great.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
The internship I undertook stands out on my CV and has given me plenty of experience which I have used in applications for other work. Enteprise gave me greater confidence and enhanced my sales skills.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
Atmosphere was great. Due to the small team you truly feel like your part of a family.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
There were early difficulties but when I raised concerns they were addressed and all was well.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
A lot of investment was put into my development during my 3 month internship.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
Difficult to say, it seemed to mainly come down to how much you could sell but if you can crack it then future prospects are good.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
Yup made some really good friends.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
It wsa in Edinburgh...enough said.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?