1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
Everyday was exciting and full of opportunities to meet new people. Having an interest in cars was ideal but the experience in terms of real life business was the best.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
Its a company that promotes using your own judgement to make decisions. If you are looking for somewhere to develope confidence and ability, this is it. Evryone helps each other and its was a good feeling walking into head office knowing people know who you are. Your not just a number!!!
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
There is a fantastic training approach, with a folder that you work towards to make sure you learn and dont get left behind, however doesnt hinder you if you want to learn quicker.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
'Work hard, play hard' attitude!
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
The more you develope, responsibility increases, with plenty of help along the way
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
Priceless, this takes your knowledge from the classroom to the next level.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
Like minded people with similar education backgrounds, nights out were like being back at uni!
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
Training and reviews were done to a high standard with constant guidence.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
Enough to ensure i came back after university and want to start climbing the corporate ladder!
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Staff Sales/Staff Shop
Above 25 days holiday
Healthcare from home
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
very much so, this company do not take on individuals that they dont see would fit or become management material
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
Placement students are spread across the company, but there are plenty of opportunities to meet and help each other.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
The company places you where you want, at home or at university. To help with costs there is a 'dress for sucess' scheme that finacially aids with the cost of suits etc.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
Uni town, plenty!
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
Company does various community projects, but never any pressure to do so and were always accomidating for outside interests.