Start off in analytics to learn about the product and finance - work on various projects and presentations here.
Move into sales for 7 weeks - more independent and competitive, lots of time calling current Bloomberg clients for various reasons
1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
Internship has been overall a very good experience. I haven't done anything like it before so have nothing to compare the experience to, however as a first time experience Bloomberg has been brilliant. I feel as though it has been well organised and lots of opportunities have been made available to show skills and build new ones.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
very valued - Given meaningful work which felt like i contributed to the company.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
Varied from person to person - in general overall well supported and given guidance in an understanding manner.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
varied - Sometimes very busy on days with specific projects assigned on specific days but on others there could be not much to do. Overall I would say I was kept busy enough but could have coped with more work.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
Assigned projects to manage and have responsibility over so overall I would say the right mix of responsibility and support was given.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
Fantastic training in sales, finance and on the product - all skills which are transferable and were passed on well by experts in the field.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
Great atmosphere, very professional and approachable people. Ideas always being shared and help always being offered.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
Very well organised - structured training sessions and well designed work designated. Blended organisation well with allowing us to be independent also.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
Feel the company invested a lot of time, effort and resources to give us opportunities to impress and learn new applicable skills.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Sports and Social Club
Staff Sales/Staff Shop
Above 25 days holiday
Working from home
Healthcare from home
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
Applied for full time role - very appealing
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
Yes, fellow peers and colleagues were keen to get involved and be social - a key part of Bloomberg culture.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
In central London - subsidized canteen helped to reduce the cost of socializing, living generally expensive though.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
Very good, but very expensive
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
Yes plenty of outside work activities made available - even invited to summer party.