Print News Intern at Bloomberg

london Central London and City
Arts/Entertainment/Media Business Analytics Business Intelligence English Film/Photography French

Bloomberg is a Top Employer

7.9/10

As a print news intern, I broke news on Bloomberg's terminal and website about companies, economies and governments.

I really enjoyed the internship. The hardest parts were waking up in the morning and having a lot of challenging material to contend with, but overall I had a great time, learned a lot and had amazing opportunities.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 2 roles at Bloomberg

I felt very valued. Since I was given meaningful work to do, my colleagues appreciated a job well done.

I was given support and guidance whenever I asked for it. There wasn't much formal feedback, but whenever I had a question it was always answered.

On my first desk, I was perhaps too busy because I was working in the middle of earnings season. There were a few slow days on Economy in contrast but I appreciated that to work on my own ideas.

A lot of responsibility - a few times I replaced full-time reporters on important assignments such as reporting large company earnings or going to press conferences.

To a very large extent, seeing as I will now be carrying on working at Bloomberg as a full-time reporter.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 2 roles at Bloomberg

It was very fun although sometimes stressful if breaking news was happening.

Very well organised, although the steps between the internship and full-time employment could be made more clear.

They invested a lot. While we had a full week of training, colleagues were always on hand to answer any and all questions that I had throughout the course of the internship.

Very appealing - I got a job with them.

Yes definitely - the news interns this year were very sociable and we all got along very well.

Very expensive, although East London is a bit better than central

Very good, although this can be a problem when living nearby.

Yes, there were several volunteering opportunities and after-work drinks with mentors and the entire bureau, not to mention the end of summer party!