1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
I thoroughly enjoyed my placement - my teams, the company, the culture was everything i was looking for in a placement. The opportunities that I was given along with the autonomy was also something i very much valued and really helped me grow as a person.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
All of my team was extremely welcoming and really gave the time to sit down with me if I was unsure of the tasks that I was set. I was also lucky enough to lead my own projects, which really made me feel valued. I think having responsibility demonstrates that your colleagues trust and value you.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
Throughout my placement I was given the opportunity to speak to manager and team for support. Not only that, I was set clear and realistic objectives throughout the year to really show what I was working towards. During the year I was only able to meet with my manager formally to illustrate where I was alongside my objectives and ask for guidance where necessary.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
L'Oreal is an extremely busy environment. I was never short of things to do and I thought this was fantastic because I was able to really improve on the skills that I had and develop new skills i.e. prioritsing with short deadlines.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
My job role gave me so much responsibility and vision. As stated before, I was able to lead projects such as launches and really implement the ideas I had around new concepts. It was also really motivating to see my concepts and ideas being put into place and the results from them.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
I am now really confident in my organisational skills and also how to prioritise my workload. I was pushed out of my comfort zone, which was the best environment I could have had going back into my final year.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
Extremely friendly, social, ambitious, buzzing.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
It was extremely organised. i had a clear onboarding experience which allowed me to hit the ground running but also throughout the year I was supported by my team and also the Graduate Recruitment Team.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
We had the opportunity to attend several training sessions that allowed us to build on skills and have a better understanding of L'Oreal as a whole. I also had weekly on the job learning activities that helped me develop more.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Sports and Social Club
Staff Sales/Staff Shop
Above 25 days holiday
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
I have had some really positive feedback but I am still waiting on an outcome for a place on the MT scheme.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
There were several interns socials that were organised and we had an intern committee that always ensured we had events together. Our Graduate Recruitment Team also supported us financially with the events that we went to.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
London is expensive anyway - the salary for an internship is very competitve and you can easily live in london with it.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
Always an opportunity to go to a different pub or bar.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?