Marketing Intern at L'Oreal

Hammersmith Greater London
Consumer Products/FMCG

9.3/10

9.4

I thoroughly enjoyed my placement - my teams, the company, the culture was everything i was looking for in a placement. The opportunities that I was given along with the autonomy was also something i very much valued and really helped me grow as a person.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 14 roles at L'Oreal

All of my team was extremely welcoming and really gave the time to sit down with me if I was unsure of the tasks that I was set. I was also lucky enough to lead my own projects, which really made me feel valued. I think having responsibility demonstrates that your colleagues trust and value you.

Throughout my placement I was given the opportunity to speak to manager and team for support. Not only that, I was set clear and realistic objectives throughout the year to really show what I was working towards. During the year I was only able to meet with my manager formally to illustrate where I was alongside my objectives and ask for guidance where necessary.

L'Oreal is an extremely busy environment. I was never short of things to do and I thought this was fantastic because I was able to really improve on the skills that I had and develop new skills i.e. prioritsing with short deadlines.

My job role gave me so much responsibility and vision. As stated before, I was able to lead projects such as launches and really implement the ideas I had around new concepts. It was also really motivating to see my concepts and ideas being put into place and the results from them.

I am now really confident in my organisational skills and also how to prioritise my workload. I was pushed out of my comfort zone, which was the best environment I could have had going back into my final year.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 14 roles at L'Oreal

Extremely friendly, social, ambitious, buzzing.

It was extremely organised. i had a clear onboarding experience which allowed me to hit the ground running but also throughout the year I was supported by my team and also the Graduate Recruitment Team.

We had the opportunity to attend several training sessions that allowed us to build on skills and have a better understanding of L'Oreal as a whole. I also had weekly on the job learning activities that helped me develop more.

I have had some really positive feedback but I am still waiting on an outcome for a place on the MT scheme.

There were several interns socials that were organised and we had an intern committee that always ensured we had events together. Our Graduate Recruitment Team also supported us financially with the events that we went to.

London is expensive anyway - the salary for an internship is very competitve and you can easily live in london with it.

Always an opportunity to go to a different pub or bar.

Lots of sports clubs and teams to join.