Vac Scheme Student at Linklaters

Legal/Law

9.6/10

Truly amazing - more fun than I could have imagined, and I learnt more in three weeks than in months of research.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 3 roles at Linklaters

I didn't feel quite so valued for the work I was doing, because ultimately I wasn't of much use. However, the sheer investment in terms of time, money and knowledge that the firm gave us meant that I felt like they really did care about me, and what I could bring to the firm in future.

The level of support from Graduate recruitment was amazing, and the seminars and training were always really useful. My principals in my seats were amazing too though - always happy to stop and explain difficult concepts whenever I asked.

All of those things are incredibly useful - but so is the network I developed, even over they course of a few weeks!

Everything was planned and scheduled in advance, and not a day went by without a talk, workshop or social event of some sort.

In vac-scheme specific tasks, the atmosphere was always great. The first practice area I sat in was incredibly busy though, which slightly took away from the fun feeling!

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 3 roles at Linklaters

Soo much fee earner time, and Linklaters resources were given up to us. I felt like they really had made a significant investment.

I think we experienced everything apart from the long hours culture - but understood enough about what is expected of trainees to make a pretty well informed decision.

Sitting in seats was particularly useful here, but social events with partners and trainees too.

£350/week is generous, but combined with the money spent on meals, social events etc. the 'reimbursement' must have extended into the thousands...

Plenty.

Great, trainees especially keen to help.

There was a network king where representatives if all the major groups - from choir to football - came to speak to us.

110%.