Manufacturing Intern at Toyota Motor Manufacturing (UK) Ltd

Derby East Midlands
Engineering Manufacturing

8.2/10

Tasks varied daily, all related to improving Weld quality, reducing costs or saving time through designing and manufacturing of parts, researching products, meeting suppliers and implementing new equipment.

Fantastic job, really enjoyed myself and don't want to leave!!

I had the best team ever. My manager and most of the guys in my team became my friends, I could share with them all my thoughts and how I felt about work and in general. It really helped me to stay motivated!

Manager supports anything you want to do that will help you to develop and therefore benefit the company. Have been on some really good training courses.

Always had something worthwhile to do.

I was treated like a real employee. I was trusted enough to handle stuff a regular employee would do.

Greatly, I have done so much in my time here and learnt so much both in the work I've done and the courses I've been able to do.

Everyone is always very happy and friendly.

I couldn't really fault the organisation. I was a little bit wary on my first day and didn't know what to expect but the application process and communication throughout the year was great.

I was made to feel like any other member of the team - I attended all meetings, sales visits, went to customer events.

Opportunities come and go here, however I will be looking and calling contacts to see what is up and coming for when I finish university!

There were lots of great parties organized by placements or the company.

Housing was much cheaper including night outs compared the London.

A lot of night clubs with different types of music.

There wasn't much organised social events but I had made friends to organize my own thing with people.