Tasks varied daily, all related to improving Weld quality, reducing costs or saving time through designing and manufacturing of parts, researching products, meeting suppliers and implementing new equipment.
1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
Fantastic job, really enjoyed myself and don't want to leave!!
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
I had the best team ever. My manager and most of the guys in my team became my friends, I could share with them all my thoughts and how I felt about work and in general. It really helped me to stay motivated!
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
Manager supports anything you want to do that will help you to develop and therefore benefit the company. Have been on some really good training courses.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
Always had something worthwhile to do.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
I was treated like a real employee. I was trusted enough to handle stuff a regular employee would do.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
Greatly, I have done so much in my time here and learnt so much both in the work I've done and the courses I've been able to do.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
Everyone is always very happy and friendly.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
I couldn't really fault the organisation. I was a little bit wary on my first day and didn't know what to expect but the application process and communication throughout the year was great.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
I was made to feel like any other member of the team - I attended all meetings, sales visits, went to customer events.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Sports and Social Club
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
Opportunities come and go here, however I will be looking and calling contacts to see what is up and coming for when I finish university!
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
There were lots of great parties organized by placements or the company.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
Housing was much cheaper including night outs compared the London.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
A lot of night clubs with different types of music.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
There wasn't much organised social events but I had made friends to organize my own thing with people.