Carried out Client Valuations, restructuring client's portfolios, file reviews. I also undertook a few larger projects, including 2 presentations and created a excel spreadsheet that would reduce the time taking to create meeting packs. I produced an analysts report.
1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
Everyone was so friendly and if I had any questions everyone had time for me to help.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
I learnt how to use new systems, which was very useful!
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
Quite a small floor so everyone got on very well.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
It would be good if Investment Management had a graduate scheme, because throughout the placement I was unsure whether there would be a job for me or not, and it wasn't made clear.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
Everyone got on really well, and BDO organised a few events. There are also drinks every month for everyone in Investment Management, which we were invited to and therefore got on well with everyone.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
London is expensive!!
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
The office is in the west end.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
Yes, we were only here for 6 weeks but had a CSR day.