Executive Case Handler at Shoosmiths

Northampton East of England
Legal/Law

8.3/10

I work in the non-standard mortgage recoveries litigation team. I deal with the more complex matters (taking some all the way to trial) as well as training and supervising the standard team.

I really enjoyed my placement week. The team were very welcoming and I loved the work that I was given.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 1 role at Shoosmiths

From first thing on Monday, I felt valued by the team. It was great to feel trusted enough to be given the responsibility of research that is to form the basis of the firm's advice to the client.

Whilst I felt that I was able to get on with the tasks given with litlte guidance, I know it was there if needed. Each time I asked a question, I never felt that I was interupting or disturbing the team.

As I have been with the firm for almost six years, I feel that I already have a strong set of skills but a change of team and a change of work is a good refresher as it tests you.

Very well organised and I enjoyed the mini tasks and assignments that I was given to do. It was good to have a mini exit interview at the end.

There was a great atmosphere in the Birmingham office. Everybody I met was friendly, helpful and welcoming.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 1 role at Shoosmiths

I was trusted to undertake the work given with limited guidance. I am proud of this.

The work I was given is that normally given to a trainee. It gave me an excellent insight into what life would be like and I loved it.

Having worked for Shoosmiths for a substantial amount of time, I already 'live' the Shoosmiths values but it was great to show this in a different department and with a different team.

There were as many opportunities as you wanted. It was great to meet lots of new people on a number of different levels.

There were a number of opportunities to go out and socialise at lunch but there didn't feel to be as many opportunities in the evenings. It was great to get out at lunch and get to know my new team and fellow secondees better,

The discussions had with the trainess gave me an insight into activities outside of work - New Friday is a junior professionals event that sounds like great fun.

Whilst the week was tiring, I thoroughly enjoyed it and felt a real sense of achievement by the end of it.