Placement Student at Lubrizol

Blackley, Manchester North West
Science/Research

Lubrizol is a Top Employer

6.9/10

Friendly atmosphere and plenty of guidance was provided when needed from multiple colleagues.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 3 roles at Lubrizol

Despite being a student I was very involved in project work and updates.

Regular reviews of what I'd been doing followed by planning ahead were in place.

As far as the job went the volume of work was good. However I felt too busy and stressed at times due to work set by university (although my supervisor gave me time during work hours to complete uni work).

My project was my own and I was responsible for a lot of the work done for it.

Chemistry related skills perhaps not so much depending what career I persue. But skills like presentation (both written and oral), organisation, time management etc. will be very valuable in any job.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 3 roles at Lubrizol

Very friendly, talkative atmosphere.

My management was excellent. HR were OK and helped me out with a few things but there was initial confusion through no fault of my own before the placement with respect to my start date.

A lot of my supervisor's time was invested in my training and development. There are also courses the company provide for safety aspects which are compulsory and optional ones at the discretion of manangers.

The office and lab are at capacity as it is.

Two colleagues I socialise with on quite a regular basis and also play football with people from the building as well as the odd drink with colleagues for things like leaving dos etc.

Manchester - weekend prices especially can be very steep for socialising, but cheap places are about. Cost of living isn't bad though despite living in the centre. The area I work in is ~3 miles north of the centre so not sure how cheap this area is.

Big city so always something going on.

Football with people from the building and again a big city. Tried muay thai, joined a gym etc.