2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
Everyone was friendly and welcoming making me feel valued from day one
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
My supervisor was really supportive, helping me to settle in quickly. I was given guidance on projects until i was able to come up with my own ideas.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
Varied quite a lot from weeks to weeks, ran reactions most days as well as attending meetings with colleagues.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
The responsibility levels certainly increased as I gained more experience within the company
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
The type of chemistry I was working with primarily was quite different from university courses i had studied previously however a lot of the core chemistry that I had learnt was highly applicable. The placement year was essential for my degree course. . My non- chemistry transferable skills such as presentation and scientific report writing skills were developed throughout the year.
Imagine yourself working at Lubrizol
RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 3 roles at Lubrizol