IT Support Analyst at Accenture

Business Management Information Technology

Accenture is a Top Employer

7.6/10

7.6

Range of IT system design, testing and support tasks in a team of graduate analysts managed my a consultant. Also worked with the commercials team to budget, track costs, internally and with the client. Tasks included creating internal and client management reports, costs analysts and IT systems testing.

I really enjoyed the work placement as I was given real work to do from the start with real responsibility. It was fast paced and varied to give a realistic insight into what working for the company would be like.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 1 role at Accenture

The work I was given was work they would otherwise be doing themselves, making me feel the work was really worthwhile. Everyone seemed to take a real interest on how I was finding the work and how I was feeling about the whole experience, throughout.

My supervisor was really supportive the whole time and always there if I needed anything. Although the manager was really busy, she was able to invest enough time with me when I needed it and really seemed to take an interest.

Most days the workload was a good balance, with a variety of work that filled the day.

I felt like I was given a good level of responsibility throughout but without feeling too out of my depth. I was able to ask for more responsibility and got it if i felt i wasn't getting enough in one area.

The internship has given me real life experience that I wouldn't otherwise gain. I feel I have developed greatly in professional communication skills that will no doubt allow me to stand out from the crowd when apply for jobs if I am unable to later gain a place on the graduate scheme.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 1 role at Accenture

Professional but very friendly - there are times when it's quite quiet and everyone is working hard but there is often office chat and the atmosphere is really nice

HR Managers were very accessible and available if I needed a question answering, and had a couple of catch ups with members of the HR team to discuss how the internship was going and how happy I was.

Apart from a few days of activities for interns, there was little in terms of a structured continuous development structure for interns. If you wanted to find something out about a certain part of the business, you had to very much organize it yourself.

As an employer they seem to be doing a good job. Most people I came in contact with liked being there and many have been there for some time, indicating how content people were.

A lot of us also socialized outside of the office at least once a week, and feel like I've made some great friends that I'll keep in contact with afterwards!

Not too bad - I commuted so am unsure of living costs but socializing was quite normal.

There are quite a few options for bars/clubs in the area, and always managed to have a good night!

There is loads to do, and with the young persons committee there is things happening at least every fortnight.