Lubrizol work experience at Lubrizol

Hazelwood East Midlands
Biology Chemistry Manufacturing Science/Research

Lubrizol is a Top Employer

8.9/10

Have an insight into the world of work

I found my placement very interesting, there was so much to learn and do.... overall it was fantastic!

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 3 roles at Lubrizol

Everyone was absolutely lovely to me, I felt really comfortable with the people around me.

All the staff were extremely helpful and supportive. This helped me to understand what was being said to me at the time.

The skills I developed will help me with decisions on future pathways: I adore science and found it just as interesting to apply it in a working environment as I would apply it at school.

My placement was very well structured, I had a timetable so I knew where I should be going and when. I had to rearrange once but that was to make my placement even more interesting.

Everyone was always in a brilliant mood and the atmosphere was upbeat and focused, this was very motivating for people to work hard whilst having fun.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 3 roles at Lubrizol

They taught me each particular job, and what they did, there was no point training me specifically as I visited a new place every 3 hours. They developed me simply by me shadowing them and learning behind them.

They let me try out the practical hands on parts of the job as long as it was safe for me so this helped me have an insight into what the job was really going to be like.. it was great!

Very much so, they made sure I was very involved and I learnt a lot.

It really helped, I especially found out what it was like working on my feet all day!!!

I was not paid but I was given free lunch and the journey was not very long at all

Yes, definitely. I met a new employee almost every day which I found fantastic. Very varied.

Very interesting- I felt part of the team!

Yes, there was quite a lot of talk about sports and a charity event I think- it sounded great!

Definitely- It really helped me to see the real side to work and I think many of my friends would benefit from this.