1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
It's the Job - responsibility, deadlines etc. It it a bit more stressful than I expected, but that's how real-world jobs work. Apart from that - not much pressure, people are nice, software is useful.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
They allowed us to jump in almost straight ahead. There are still some limitations, obviously, but I've never been denied to do anything "just because you are a student".
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
People have spent a enormous amount of time showing us what's what.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
It's relatively relaxed. If you don't sit around surfing Facebook whole day, nobody will complain that you are not working hard enough. It's still expected that you have your job done, but I've never had a necessity to stay late or work hard as hell to make sure something is done.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
We are allowed to do anything other people are doing, with some supervision of course.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
Working on such a big project with such a great people can never ever be useless.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
People are usually taken up by the work they need to do.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
We've had lots of training just because RAL is quite a dangerous place if you are not careful. Speaking about skills relevant to my job - as I mentioned above, it's astonishing how much time people have spent tutoring us.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Sports and Social Club
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
Not quite sure that it's the right career path for me. The problem is, I don't know which is. :-)
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
There are lots of students on-site, lots of event are happening.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
The area is extremely expensive.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
I've lived in a very small and quite town, so not much of a Nightlife. Which I am not a fan of anyway.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
On-site lectures/tutorials/other events are happening all the time.